Dainton Brewery release a phenomenal number of new beers each year and have picked up Champion Indie Beer twice in three years. If you'd like to join the brewers at their Carrum Downs home, they're hiring.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
Dainton Brewery is after an experienced and enthusiastic brewer to join the family at the brewery and taphouse in Carrum Downs. We run a 30HL, 3-vessel system, Cask ACS-1 and we package a new and exciting beer every week of the year. We also love to make great beer and focus on producing the best quality beers we can. We are a growing and innovative company and we’re looking for a positive and open-minded brewer to join us for the ride!
Daily duties are shared amongst the team and will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Wort Production/Brewhouse operation
- Stock movement to bar and for external distribution
- Cellar management
- Tank & equipment cleaning
- Packaging – Cans, bottles and Kegs
- Barrel-ageing and blending
- Recipe development
- Beer festivals and other events
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Minimum 2 Years of Commercial Brewery Experience and ideally 5 years or more
- Someone who has worked in larger production breweries would be preferred
- Ability to work in a small team and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Be Physically Fit (willing and able to perform Labour intensive work)
- Willingness to learn and being open to new ideas
- Strong troubleshooting skills as well as being resourceful and resilient
- A keen eye and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- IBD or Federation University Grad Cert courses are of advantage
- Be flexible and able to work around changing production schedules -this will include shift work and some weekend work.
- Forklift License (preferable).
This Role is a permanent full time position. Typically Monday to Friday with occasional requirements for weekend work/events.
Salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on previous experience & skills.
Please include with your application:
- Cover letter detailing prior relevant experience
- Up to date resume
Date of Closure for Applications is June 12, 2020 – email firstname.lastname@example.org.