Bright Brewery have been reworking their lineup and releasing a series of new beers over the past year, while Alpine Cider are their neighbours in the Wandiligong Valley.
The two are hiring a rep to push sales in Melbourne and here's what you need to know about the role.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE & BRAND AMBASSADOR (MELBOURNE)
The purpose of this role is to grow sales of two of the Alpine region’s most iconic brands in Melbourne and across Victoria; Bright Brewery and Alpine Cider.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The two family owned independent businesses seek to recruit a Melbourne-based Sales Leader to establish a sales and distribution operation servicing Melbourne and Victoria. We are looking for an experienced sales person with a proven track record in the alcohol sales industry. The person will have an established network of contacts across major retailers, distributors, independent outlets and venues. The person will act as an ambassador for both businesses and embrace the brand, values and lifestyle. The right person will be rewarded with an attractive package and work life balance.
Bright Brewery is a family owned brewery, bar, restaurant and bike hub, located in the heart of Bright, Victoria, which has been established for over 15 years. During this time, Bright Brewery has built a reputation for high quality beer and great customer service culminating in a gold award at the Victorian Tourism Awards in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and a Champion’s Trophy at the 2019 Indie Beer Awards. We have a very strong values-based approach to managing the business. Bright Brewery recently completed a multi-million-dollar investment to increase brewing capacity and can now continue to expand into a wider wholesale market.
Alpine Cider – The Nightingale family has been growing crisp, juicy apples in the Wandiligong Valley (5km from Bright) and alpine surrounds for over 60 years. The cool conditions in these regions concentrate the flavours to produce sweet juicy apples that go into making our modern crisp fruity ciders and sparkling juices. Naturally made from 100% family grown and hand-picked apples. We too are keen to introduce our range to a new and wider market.
The key tasks that Sales Rep & Brand Ambassador perform are:
- Drive the wholesale of Bright Brewery beers and Alpine cider to bottle-shops, restaurants, bars and venues, and other retail and hospitality outlets across Greater Melbourne.
- Be an excellent ambassador for both brands, values and lifestyle.
- Achieve budgeted sales targets and KPIs.
- Identify and capitalise on market opportunities to build sales and profitability.
- Work autonomously to manage and grow accounts, as well as brand awareness and reputation.
- Relationship management, including prioritisation of key customers and new customer development.
- Providing a superior level of service to our customers.
- Assist with establishing efficient systems and processes for the role.
- Work with the Logistics Coordinators on ensuring timely and efficient movement of stock.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Support on growing sales and brand awareness across Victoria.
- Organise in-store tastings and promotions and point of sale displays.
- Identify realistic opportunities to increase sales.
- Activate or host events both on and off premise, including festivals.
- Report to Bright Brewery Sales Manager.
Ensure the Bright Brewery values are always in action while performing the role:
We are AUTHENTIC and genuine in all that we do. We do what we say we’re going to do. We present our business and services truthfully. We use natural ingredients to create genuine products. Our relationships are honest and respectful. Our business is SUSTAINABLE. We’re passionate about the environment that surrounds us and seek to minimise our impact on it. We’re managing our business for the long-term, providing a viable future for our community, staff and customers. We are ACTIVE! We embrace the outdoors and encourage active lives. We are active in the community. We continue to review and develop our products and services so they evolve and grow with the market. We are actively managing the business for future success.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- More than two years’ experience in wholesale sales
- Proven sales record and ability to manage a territory in a structured and planned manner.
- Established trade connections and relationships in the Melbourne market.
- Strong commercial and negotiation background.
- Understanding of the liquor market, on-premise and retail trade and trends.
- Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strong and positive relationships with customers
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide solutions
- Experience managing participation at events
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time
- Self-motivated, outcomes oriented, person of action
- Computer and social media savvy (E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, social networking)
- Experience in business objective, setting strategy, developing and budgeting
- Self-motivated, outcomes oriented, person of action
- Drivers licence
- Possess (or have the capability to develop) outstanding knowledge of beer and the brewing process, cider and cider making process
- Process driven with strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinking to increase distribution and visibility of Bright Brewery, and Alpine Cider
- Understanding of Business Finance software, such as Netsuite
- Understanding of design software, such as Adobe Creative suite
- Experience with CRM software
- Hold a current RSA
- Experience and performance in a similar role.
- Understanding of:
- the wholesale liquor market,
- business drivers for an independent business,
- on-premise and retail trade,
- beer-related events.
- Relationship management and communication skills.
- Connections to the craft beer industry.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Knowledge and passion for beer and cider and how they are produced.
- Flexibility with working hours, including readiness to work after hours and on weekend events at events, festivals and brand activations.
- Commitment to invest time in brand development.
- Permanent Australian resident.
- Long term outlook
- True commitment to the role and business values.
- A good fit for Bright Brewery and Alpine Cider brand and culture.
This is a full-time permanent position that will involve after hours and weekend work on some occasions.
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable for the right applicant, including:
- Salary plus commission
- Attractive bonus and incentive plan
- Training and support
- Vehicle or allowance
Please send your application, including a Cover Letter addressing the Skills, Experience and Selection Criteria, and your CV to Evin Craney: email@example.com.