Urban Alley have brought local beer to Docklands at their beneath The Melbourne Star and send their beer into bars and bottleshops further afield too.
They're looking to take on an assistant brewer to work three days a week and here's what you need to know about the role.
Job Description: Assistant Brewer
Urban Alley Brewery are seeking an experienced brewer to fill a part-time position with potential for growth after the initial probation period.
The role is for 3 days/week, starting immediately. Scheduling can be flexible to accommodate the needs of the right candidate.
Hours may vary to align with staffing and production needs. All shifts (morning, afternoon, and occasionally on weekends) may be required.
- Legally permitted to work in Australia
- Minimum one year experience in commercial brewing/cellar/packaging operations
- Positive attitude, ready for a challenge, comfortable working in a small team
- Must be ready to work with quickly changing deadlines and in a dynamic environment.
- A strong passion for quality and consistency
- Physically capable to lift 25kg grain bags
- Read, write, and understand English fluently
- strong note-taking skills
- Comfortable with numbers
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in wort production
- FV quality control sampling
- Yeast microbiology sampling
- Keg cleaning, filling, keg pallet loading and wrapping
- Performing stock takes
- Preparing and operating on the canning line
- Fermentation tanks CIP and sanitation
- Maintaining brewery cleanliness and all cleanup/maintenance schedules
- Receiving and unloading raw materials
- Preparing raw materials for planned production
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, with a certificate or other advanced education in mechanical maintenance or engineering is desirable. Any formal education in brewing and/or Fermentation Sciences is preferred.
- Have a basic understanding of Excel, Word and other standard programs for brewery functions.
- Forklift license and driver’s license are desirable but not mandatory.
Applications close November 30, 2019.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.