Bodriggy opened the doors to their stunning Abbotsford brewhouse in August, completing a long road that started out with gypsy brewing.
Now they're after an assistant brewer to help keep their taps and cans filled.
Job Description: Assistant Brewer / Cellar Person
We operate in a small team environment, with all brewers taking part in all parts of the brewing, cellar and packaging processes.
That said, qualified candidates should feel comfortable with the following activities:
- Operating the brewhouse including milling, mashing in, transferring of wort, pitching yeast, etc
- Fermentation monitoring and management
- CIP/SIP of all brewery vessels
- Wort and beer transfer
- Yeast harvest, pitching and health management
- Correct disposal of spent materials
- Manual cleaning of brewery equipment and parts
- Exterior and interior keg cleaning
- Packaging operations; including canning and kegging
- Strict adherence to sanitary and record-keeping standards
- Assist with the development of new products
- Basic facilities maintenance
- Basic brewery equipment maintenance
Background, experience, skills:
- Must be a great communicator and a team player
- Must be able to lift 25kg and move 65kg
- Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours a day
- Must be a self starter, detail oriented, and passionate about beer quality and customer satisfaction
- Must have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Must be willing to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
- Must have at least one to two years of production brewing experience
- Formal brewing education is a plus but not required with the right level of prior experience
Bodriggy Brewing Co is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Close of application date is November 17, 2019.