Indian Ocean Brewing - or Indi Brew, as it's often called - has been brewing beers from its waterfront home in Mindarie for well over a decade. More recently the brewery has been sending its beers further afield too.
If you want to be tasked with brewing that beer, Indi Brew is seeking a head brewer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
The Marina Mindarie, home to the Indi Brewery, is seeking someone to oversee the busy and award winning Indi Brewery! This unique opportunity is not something that comes along very often and due to its unique and individual location and reputation, it will be one of very high interest!
The Marina Mindarie is located on the north coast of WA, approx. 30 minutes north of Perth. The Indi has been operating at the Marina for approx. 15 years and is one of the first craft breweries in WA. It underwent a significant expansion in 2017, enjoys strong sales locally at the Indi venue as well as externally at other venues around Perth.
ABOUT THE PERSON
The right candidate will have been in a similar role for at least two years, with a minimum of fives years brewing. Be tertiary qualified in a related field, be able to both make and sell craft beer, maintain the consistency of the current core range and specialty batches. Manage the business, including purchases, stock taking, orders, tax requirements and review profit results. Above all have a sincere passion in craft beer, be friendly and enthusiastic in dealing with the public and other venues.
- Brewing and maintaining PAR level stock of all Indian Ocean Brewing Co. stock
- Be the point of contact for the ATO (excise department)
- Maintain a proactive approach to improving the current beer range
- Improve efficiencies and lower cost where possible
- Developing standard procedures for cellar duties (monitoring ferment, dry hopping, filtering, cleaning, kegging product lines, maintaining a clean work environment)
- Assessing quality of beer and identifying faults
- Organising and receiving internal and external keg orders
- Stocktake of raw materials and products
- Packaging beer, including the cleaning of kegs
- Presence at external events (Fremantle Beer Festival, beer awards, tap takeovers, etc)
- Maintain a professional presence at external customer venues
- Daily OH&S checks of boiler and boiler room
- Potentially work on a rotating roster according to production demands (especially in busy summer months)
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident with the ability to lead menu tastings with the head chef and upsell directly with clients.
- Liaise with guests directly to gather feedback
- Maintains the highest standards of customer service
- Maintains effective control over stock ordering, costs and levels, and complete regular stocktakes
- Liaise with accounts to produce the weekly figures
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure, products are current and in line with market trends and competitively priced.
- Calculates department working schedules and holiday planner to maintain and improve the economy and productivity of the Department
- Monitors the Departmental staff for daily attendance & time-keeping
- Ensures the department conforms to current Environmental Health laws and all Health & Safety regulations
- Conducts weekly interior and exterior repair and maintenance inspections
- Constantly monitors daily cleaning and contract cleaners to ensure the ambience in the area is kept to a high standard
- Attend all weekly management meetings, other meetings as required
- Liaises closely with Management to establish good channels of communication
- Drives all general marketing of the beer with support from the marketing manager
- Appraisals of all team members, annually
- Carries out any other duties as requested by the Management team
- Recruitment of staff with the approval of the Director of Operations
- Maintain a current West Australian manual driver’s license.
- Extensive knowledge of brewery inventory book keeping
- Extensive knowledge of excise tax requirements
Please email your application to David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on July 10, 2019.