Want to learn how to harness an army of trillions to help you brew better beer?
Book a spot on this one-of-a-kind Yeast Handling & Microbiology Master Class which is being bought to you by the technical wizards at Lallemand Brewing and the Siebel Institute of Technology.
Throughout August they'll be travelling the country to share hands-on tools, tips and techniques that are critical for yeast quality practices and control in a brewery.
They've locked in six dates at breweries in six states at which you'll get set up with microscopes and lab media plates and given practical training that'll last you a lifetime.
The topics covered will include:
- Yeast Harvesting
- Repitching (including cone-to-cone)
- Yeast storage options
- Yeast counting techniques
- Pitching by weight
- Determining yeast viability
- Identifying spoilage bacteria
- Stages of contamination
- How to handle contamination
- Diastaticus detection
Course dates & locations
- August 2 at Temple Brewing, Melbourne
- August 4 at Deep South Brewing, North Hobart
- August 9 at Wayward Brewing, Sydney
- August 11 at Happy Valley Brewing, Brisbane
- August 16 at Bright Tank Brewing, Perth
- August 18 at Little Bang, Adelaide
Each course runs from 8:30am and includes the hands-on learning, coffee, lunch printed material and drinks at happy hour.
Spots will be limited, so you'd be advised to get in smartly.