For many in Victoria who attended Good Beer Week in May, the festival might seem like a trick of the mind – just how did a ten day celebration of all things beer manage to take place amid the wreckage of COVID?
Somehow it did, however, providing a welcome boost for participating businesses as well as beer industry folks and beer lovers who got a first chance to unite en masse since 2019.
With the future looking much brighter, the wheels are now in motion for Good Beer Week 2022, which takes place from May 20 to 28. Please note, this is Saturday to Saturday, rather than running through until Sunday, although the opening party will still be on the Friday.
Presented by the Independent Brewers Association, the 2022 event will be focused on locality, independence, and celebrating the venues and beers throughout Victoria, with event registrations closing at midnight November 15.
You can check out the event guidelines in full here, although the festival team has put out the following handy pointers, stating they're looking for events that:
- Showcase and support the best Australian independent breweries. Events registered by IBA members will receive a 15 percent discount on registrations.
- Are creative and innovative and not something you can experience outside of GBW. Be original! Try to build an event that hasn’t been done before.
- Are good value. Mid-priced events (approx $50) often sell better than those at $100-plus.
- Expand GBW events further into regional Victoria.
- Showcase new breweries, venues or producers who have not featured in GBW previously.
- Educate attendees about the beer they are drinking and the story behind the beer.
- Centrally feature the appreciation of good beer and actively practice and promote the responsible service and use of alcohol (no beer pong).
- Offer a COVIDsafe environment.
Events repeated in their entirety from previous years or events otherwise not displaying creativity and a unique flavour may be turned down.
You can email email@example.com if you have any questions.
PInt of Origin
We're looking to lock in the lineup for the tenth running of Pint of Origin at Good Beer Week early, with expressions of interest from venues closing on October 22. This is so we can finalise the host venues by October 27 and give those who miss out plenty of time to register another event.
If you want to know more about Pint of Origin, head here, or register your interest below...