It's become one of the biggest days in the Aussie beer calendar, an event that sparks joy and disgust in equal measure and, increasingly, a platform upon which ambitious brewers can seek a promotional boost.
It's the Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers Countdown and this year it's taking place on January 25, kicking off with numbers 100 to 91 at 12.35pm AEDT.
Many beer lovers will be gathering with mates to watch and listen as results come in – alongside Triple J's OG H100 countdown – but there's also a huge range of breweries and beer venues throwing parties if you want to be part of a bigger bash.
We won't list them all as the GABS team has done it for you. Just head here and you can view the events taking place in every state and territory.
Of course, the countdown and associated parties are just part of the day's activities. You can also look out for the following:
- The live countdown on the GABS site here
- The Australian Brews News live podcast from Hemingway's Brewery, Cairns Wharf, from midday AWST / 2pm AEST / 2.30pm ACDT / 3pm AEDT
- Playing H100 Bingo – cards to appear here nearer the day
- The Crafty Pint's epic annual Infographic, analysis, reaction and more
- The Crafty Pint's 2019 Countdown Podium Photo – this time coming from a secret location outside Victoria for the first time...
Of course, if you're planning to follow along at home, here's the timings (and don't forget you can still vote in the NZ poll for another week after the Aussie one closes).
Following the sale of Balter, we reckon this is the toughest top ten to predict in years, not least with the amount of time and, in some cases, money breweries have been spending on the promotion of their beers.
If you're still undecided on where to cast your votes (and reading this before 11.59pm on January 17, 2020), here's our Best New Beers Of 2019 features plus a look back at some of the beers of the 2010s.