Bacchus' Brumalia Winter Solstice has become a regular fixture for the brewery and one of its most popular events too.
It's a celebration of the shortest days of the year achieved by the tapping of heaps of seasonably suitable beers.
For the 2018 batch, the Capalaba brewery will once again be pouring myriad dark beers across 21 taps.
They include a whole bunch of new releases, with "bourbon barrel aged" something of a running theme across the weekend thanks to the brewery's haul of barrels from Jack Daniels, Woodford Reserve and Heavens Hill.
The full lineup of beers, including 13 barrel aged varieties, is:
- Black Swamp - Imperial Session Stout
- Smoked Porter - 5.8%
- Rumbalstiltskin Porter – 5.7%
Nitro Smooth Pour
- Double Chocolate Stout - 6.5%
- Belgian Mocha Stout - 7.8%
- Salted Caramel Imp Porter - 8.8%
Porters & Stouts
- Balt Action - Bourbon Barrel aged Baltic Porter – 11.5%
- Honky Stonk Woman - Bourbon barrel aged Stout – 10.5%
- Tomahawk Imp Stout - Bourbon Barrel aged – 10.7%
- Mongrel Imp Stout 2018 >5yo Bourbon Barrel aged – 11.2%
- Brumalia RIS - Bourbon Barrel aged – 11.4%
- War & Peat RIS - 6yo Rum & Islay Barrel aged - 11.9%
- For Fracks Sake - Bourbon Barrel aged – 11.7%
- Cunning Ninja’s - Bourbon Barrel aged – 13.0%
- The Bollox – 8.8%
Cider, Sours & Spiced
- Night Cider – Chardonnay Barrel aged - 6.2%
- Peaty Blinder - 6yo Islay Barrel aged Berliner Weisse - 5.0%
- King Of Denmark - 2yo Barrel aged Eng Stock Ale - 9.5%
- DeathAdder – 6yo Islay Barrel aged Soured Ale 8.1%
- Brettfast Stout - 2yo Barrel aged Brett fermented - 7.9%
- Burning the Altar - Chilli Stout by The Brewditos - 6.66%
- Nitro Kolsch - 4.4%
- Queensland Ale - 4.7%
- Bayside Pale - 3.2%
- Bacchus APA - 4.8%